WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
- We collect your personal and non‐personal information to obtain required data to issue a Physical Therapist license, Physical Therapist Assistant license, or Athletic Trainer registration.
- We collect your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, date of birth, social security number, signature, photo, employment, and criminal information. Date of birth and social security numbers are only collected for board use and only shared with the Federation of State Boards (FSBPT).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We share your personal information with or for the following reasons:
- Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT)
- Mailing List
- Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Biennium Report that is required by the Legislature
- Healthcare Practitioner Data Bank (HPDB‐HIPDB)
- Disciplinary actions are posted on our website. As a state agency, we may have to give your information to authorities after receiving a legal request or a court order or subpoena. Documents that contain your personal and non‐personal information are scanned and stored in a computer server and manually filed in secured filing cabinets. We use an encrypted security program to protect your personal information. Any document, correspondence, or records submitted in connection with your application may be open to public inspection.
REVIEWING AND CORRECTINGYOUR RECORD – INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
You have the right to review your information. If you find something is not accurate, contact us in writing to request a correction. To make a name change to your license or registration, you must complete the appropriate forms and provide evidence of change. To change your contact and company information, you must send a request in writing.
PERFERRED CONTACT INFORMATION
If you do not wish to disclose your home address or phone number, you should provide an alternative address and phone number where you can reliably be contacted. You may enter the alternative address on our applications/renewals under “Preferred Address” or you may contact our Board in writing with your preferred address, phone number, and email address.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Visit our website at https://wvbopt.wv.gov or email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.